OneAmerica is seeking a self-motivated and highly organized associate to support the Washington New Americans program, which is devoted to helping eligible legal permanent residents become U.S. citizens, voters and active members of our community. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and passionate about the mission of the program. The position is based in our Seattle office, reports to the WNA Grantee Network Manager and will join a team of five program staff.
Event Planning and Execution: Make behind-the-scenes logistical magic to ensure our statewide citizenship in-person and remote clinics run smoothly for applicants, volunteers and staff – 40%
- Schedule appointments with naturalization applicants for upcoming clinics while managing CitizenshipWorks account
- Case manage applicants for remote clinics including pre-screening for eligibility, document gathering and tech support
- Work productively with partner and ally organization staff and others to execute collaborative clinics
- Update and prep supplies for naturalization clinics
- Coordinate check-in and check-out of technology bank equipment, ensuring all technology is working and troubleshooting as needed
- Enter participant data after events into Excel and Salesforce, and proactively address errors as they come up
Grantee Program: Support Grantee Network Manager with all aspects of the grants program – 20%
- Own monthly data reporting and support quarterly progress review of our citizenship services
- Plan and execute annual grantee convening along with the Grantee Manager
- Collaborate on the preparation of reports to funders to maintain program funding
- Support annual contract renewal process of grantees
Volunteer Base Building and Management: Volunteers are recruited to be WNA Ambassadors. During citizenship events volunteers are knowledgeable, effective, and their time is meaningfully spent – 15%
- Recruit and confirm volunteers for events, ensuring we have enough people for each role and that they receive required training
- Write monthly volunteer newsletter
- Arrange logistics of food and transportation for volunteers for in person events
- Manage volunteer recognition program
- Build a base of volunteers to be part of the WNA Ambassador program to promote immigrant integration policies
Communication: People interested in applying for citizenship get accurate, prompt information – 10%
- Return calls and texts on our statewide citizenship hotline, providing accurate citizenship information and referrals
- Update multilingual promotional materials by established deadlines, using programs like InDesign
Follow Up with Citizenship Applicants: People who have attended our application assistance events receive adequate support throughout the 12-22-month application process – 10%
- Call past applicants to follow up on their naturalization applications and provide additional resources and referrals if necessary
- Help new citizens register to vote and stay involved with WNA Ambassador program
- Engage participants in local advocacy campaigns that directly impact them
OneAmerica staff responsibilities – 5%
- Attend internal meetings
- Support voter outreach events, Lobby Day, OneAmerica Gala, and fundraising phonebanks
- Support advocacy campaigns and public meetings
- Fluency in a second language, Spanish or Arabic preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- The ability to connect the “what” with the “why”: Understanding that the program’s success is grounded in a solid foundation of organizational systems and impeccable follow-through.
- Willingness to take initiative and generate creative solutions to challenges
- Ability to work successfully both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and Word
- Passion for social justice and building power in immigrant communities
- Experience with immigrant communities preferred
- Must have access to a car and be willing to travel to accommodate community-based scheduling needs (i.e., meetings held in the evenings and on weekends at off-site locations around the state).
- Salary range is $42,712- $49,278 depending on qualifications and experience.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage, vision, dental, life insurance coverage, short- and long-term disability.
- 403(b) retirement plan, 5 weeks paid time off, paid family leave, ORCA transit card or vehicle stipend, and opportunities for sabbatical.
- OneAmerica is committed to employee growth and advancement, including professional development investments.
OneAmerica is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “WNA Program Associate” by September 9. Your cover letter should describe your passion for building power in immigrant communities. Due to the pace of OneAmerica’s campaign development, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible for priority consideration. Please visit our website at www.weareoneamerica.org to learn more about OneAmerica.